Thursday, September 10, 2009

Randy the rodent


Yesterday I found a strange little naked thing in my front lawn. I kept on hearing this loud squeaking outside my bedroom window, I looked out the window and couldn't see anything but one cat by the house and one cat looking up at our tree...guess it could hear the noise too. I, like the cat looking up at the tree with hunger in its eyes, thought it might be a bird, I went outside to see if I could find anything but there was nothing there. about 10 mins later the squeaking started again. I looked once again out the window and this time I saw something. The cat near our house had left for some reason and where it was laying was this little naked thing...I ran outside to see what the heck that thing was. I walked up to it to see if it was breathing, it was, very fast. There were ants crawling all over the poor thing and it was so young its eyes were not even open yet. I ran inside grabbed a box and a glove ( I wasn't about to pick that thing up with my bare hand!) and I ran outside to pick it up. when I got it in the box my next door neighbor started to drive by my house, but he stopped when he saw the look on my face. I ran up to his car and showed him what was in the box. He looked at it and told me it was a rat or something but we didn't have much time to chat cause the UPS man pulled up. I thought he saw the box and wanted to see what was in there...so I showed him...he wasn't there for my little guy, he just wanted to give me a box. To make another long story short, I found out that he was a one or two week old baby squirrel. I have been feeding him and keeping him warm for more than 12 hours and he is doing great. He had scratches all over him because of the stupid cat but besides that he is great, I think its to early to see if he will live to be a grown up...but time will see. I should go check on him...he is kind of cute in a ugly way. :)

1 comment:

  1. This thing is tiny. And he has these little hands with no thumbs. It's crazy-looking. Post a picture, baby!

    ReplyDelete