Thursday, September 10, 2009

B'ham and Hanky

We had a great Labor dabor day up in Bellingham on the rez with Dug. You have got to love the laid back way of the rez, time just seems to slow down when your there and you feel at one with everything around you, at least I do. I love Dug, he is just awesome. He makes wonderful amazing wood carvings with his hands. I would love to have a talent like he has.I mean the things he makes are just outstanding. He carves skateboards out of these huge chunks of wood, he makes them look like birds and random animals. My favorite is a octopus, its almost as tall as me and it looks so real. I really wish the walkers were at their house so we could have stopped by, they are amazing people. Pretty much had the best time ever. OK, now here is the sad news. We left Hanky with my mom and Tobby with Brigs mom when we left to go to B'ham on Friday. We decided to come home a day early (on Sunday) so we could have Monday to hang out at home. We thought about picking up the dogs on our way home but we just went right home, thinking we would pick them up the next day after sleeping in a little, something you cant do when you live with dogs :) So then on Monday morning Brig got a phone call from his mom, after he hung up he told me that Hanky had passed away. I was a little shocked since we left her at my moms in what seemed to be perfect health. to make a long story short, Hanky started to feel sick around 11:30 on Sunday night. She was cold so my mom wrapped her in a blanket and stayed up with her all night. She was getting ready to take hanky to the vet the next morning and when she picked up hanky's cage, hanky wasnt moving. She had passed away before my mom could take her to the vet. She took Hanky's body into the vet to see what had happened to my dogie, the vet called hours later to say that Hanky had a bubble on her spleen and that bubble got bumped just right and she bled out. It was quick and painless. Hanky was 9.5 years old, I have been with her since she was a tiny puppy and loved her every day of her life. Brig, my family and I will miss her with all of our heart. Sorry this is so long....I'll let you get on with your life :) RIP Hanky

No comments:

Post a Comment